Team News: Dortmund v Bayern Munchen
- Mario Gotze
Dortmund probable lineups:
Piszczek, Subotić, Hummels, Schmelzer
Błaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz
Bayern Munchen missing:
- Holger Badstuber
- Toni Kroos
Bayern Munchen probable lineups:
Lahm, Buyten, Dante, Alaba
Robben, Müller, Ribéry
- Borussia Dortmund have won the Champions League on one previous occasion, beating Juventus 3-1 to claim the trophy in 1997.
- Jurgen Klopp’s side triumphed 5-2 against Bayern Munchen last season in the DFB-Pokal final, with Robert Lewandowski scoring a hat-trick.
- Defender Mats Hummels joined BVB from Bayern back in 2009 after a successful loan spell at Signal Iduna Park.
- Injured playmaker Mario Gotze has already agreed a deal which will see him move to Bayern at the season’s end.
- Bayern Munchen are seeking to win their fifth European Cup and join Liverpool as the joint-third most successful team in the competition’s history, behind AC Milan and Real Madrid.
- The Bavarians are unbeaten against BVB in all four of the teams’ meeting this season, drawing 1-1 twice in the Bundesliga, and beating their rivals 2-1 and 1-0 in the Supercup and Pokal respectively.
- The only previous all-German final in the history of European club competition was in the 1980 Uefa Cup final, when Eintracht Frankfurt beat Borussia Monchengladbach on away goals after recording a 3-3 draw over two legs.
[button color=”green” link=”http://imstore.bet365affiliates.com/Tracker.aspx?AffiliateId=52645&AffiliateCode=365_121914&CID=194&DID=5&TID=1&PID=149&LNG=1″ target=”_blank”]InsideBet.Net Prediction: Bayern to win the trophy @ 1.40 (Won) (bet365.com) [/button]
Team News Predictions Stats: 48/68 (71%)